When you are traveling or in any case you need internet in a different device other than your iPhone, it is possible to share your internet in a very easily and convenient way. You phone has a functionality to create a portable Wi-Fi same as the one you are using at home or at your office. This functionality is called tethering or portable Wi-Fi depending on which method you are using to connect the device to share internet.
Steps on how to Share your iPhone’s Internet with Other Devices
- Tap on Settings, then tap on Mobile.
- Tap on Personal Hotspot and enable Personal Hotspot.
- Tap on Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Tap Wi-Fi Password and enter appropriate password, choose this feature to control who connects to your portable Wi-Fi. Each user trying to connect will be authenticated by entering this password.
Enjoy shared internet by connecting from your iPhone, connect using the password you entered in step 4 above. You should essentially able to browse the internet on your second device using the connection shared by your iPhone.
Tips and things to Note!
- Always use Wi-Fi sharing with password which is not easily to guess, turn off your Personal Hotspot if you are not using it
- If you have limited data usage, use it wisely avoid downloading larger files.