What is android? Probably this is another question you may think its simple and everybody has an answer. Not really; people on the internet are asking this question. Well, Lets learn something about Android.
Dictionary Summary: an·droid Pronounced as /ˈanˌdroid/
Noun: (in science fiction) A robot with a human appearance.
Android is the mobile operating system developed by Google, back 2005 Android was owned by Android Inc; a startup company led by Andy Rubin, when google acquired Android in 2005 Andy Rubin became the head of Android development at Google. Google bought the company because Android Inc. had a interesting concept of creating free and powerful mobile operating system.
On my personal views, currently there’s no other Mobile OS smart like Android. Google engineered Android, and they own good number of apps that run best on it. And with millions of apps, games, songs, and videos on Google Play, Android is great for fun, and for getting things done.
Android devices come in all kinds of sizes, with all sorts of features, and at all sorts of prices. Each version of Android is named after a dessert, and the most recent version of Android is Jelly Bean.
Essentially, Android runs almost every other mobile phone besides Apple’s iPhone. Android is a Linux-based software system, and similar to Linux, is free and open source software. Being Open source means that other companies can use the Android operating system developed by Google and use it in their mobile devices.
Some Quick Facts about Android:
- Early Android Devices Were not Successful.
- Every day more than 1 million new Android devices are activated worldwide.
- Easily optimize a single binary for phones, tablets, and other devices.
- 1.5 billion downloads a month and growing.
- Android Has a wonderful app store, the Google Play Store
- The “Open Source” Model Makes Android Unique
- Android is Moving Beyond Phones and Tablets to Other Areas, Like Wearable Technology (Google Glass) and Samsung Camera that runs on Android OS
Don’t forget to share this article!