I head cases some days ago when I was listening to one of my local radio station, the case was about some people getting into other friends email and send mails asking for money/Help. I don’t wanna talk about this today but together with other possibilities one way of letting someone get into your email is using poor password, so how do you keep your password safe? How do you create strong password? (Don’t expect me to explain what strong password is, pole sana!)
Tips for choosing a password:
- Avoid dictionary words.
- Avoid familiar items (names, phone numbers, birth year, your favorite artist, etc.)
- Use a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters (uppercase letters such as A, B, C;
- lowercase letters such as a, b,c;
- numerals such as 1, 2, 3;
- special characters such as $, ?, &;
- Use more characters (I recommend 7+)
- Protect your password:
- Memorize your password, do not write it anywhere.
- Do not share your password. Create a new account instead.
- Avoid using one password for all your logins.
- Don’t provide your password to someone for assistance unless you verify: They need the password and that they are who they say they are, Did you understand me? I said They are who they say they are.
- Avoid logging in from public computers.
- Change your password frequently.